17 May 2013
Your Solution Compounding Pharmacy can now supply Escherichia coli -strain Nissle 1917. Some of our patients may benefit from medicating with Mutaflor® capsules.Mutaflor® capsules contain as the active substance, the defined non-pathogenic strain Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917. Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917, designated DSM 6601 in the German Collection for Microorganisms in Brauschweig, may arguably be one of the most examined and therapeutically relevant bacterial strains worldwide.
Mutaflor has been on the market for almost a century and has been clinically studied for use in a variety of diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. A number of European studies on E. coli Nissle 1917 have shown positive results when used in conditions such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease, chronic constipation, prolonged diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome and pouchitis. In Canada, Mutaflor is indicated to normalize stool frequency and consistency in diarrhoea and constipation and to reduce abdominal pain and cramping.
Reasons given why Mutaflor may be for you:
• Gives protection in animal models of inflammatory colitis
• Gives anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective effects, (protecting cells from noxious chemicals or other stimuli), on the bowel mucosa
• Protects T84 monolayers (type of intestinal cells in a single layer), against barrier disruption by enteropathogenic, (capable of causing disease in the intestinal tract), E. coli (EPEC)* infections
• Limits the adherence of harmful pathogens sticking to the bowel
• Enhances intestinal barrier function.
*A bad strain of E.coli.
Mutaflor® also does not contain any gluten, wheat, lactose or milk proteins, specifically formulated for those patients who may suffer from such allergies.Remember, it is important that you speak with your Doctor or Pharmacist about any changes to your bowel habits as these changes may be associated with other medical conditions and warrant further investigation.
For more information on when to use Mutaflor® Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917, please contact us here via e-mail, fax or phone. If you are an existing patient you may Login to our Wellness Store for direct purchase of Mutaflor® Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917.
REFERENCES and suggested Further Reading
3. Clinical use of E. coli Nissle 1917 in inflammatory bowel disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008 Jul; 14(7):1012-8.
4. Non-pathogenic Escherichia coli versus mesalazine for the treatment of ulcerative colitis: a randomised trial. Lancet. 1999 Aug 21; 354(9179):635-9.
5. Double-blind comparison of an oral Escherichia coli preparation and mesalazine in maintaining remission of ulcerative colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1997 Oct; 11(5):853-8.
6. Maintaining remission of ulcerative colitis with the probiotic Escherichia coli Nissle 1917 is as effective as with standard mesalazine. Gut. 2004 Nov; 53(11):1617-23.
15 April 2013
Your Solution Compounding Pharmacy patients can now benefit from the BioCeuticals Ubiquinol BioActive Range, a product which is an Australian-first, cutting edge innovation.
The Ubiquinol BioActive Range features the active form of Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), which is shown to have higher bioavailability than ubiquinone/ubidecarenone. There are many articles on the internet that support the treatment and supplementation benefits of CoQ10 for heart health, migraine headaches, cancer, blood pressure, radiation injury, Parkinson’s disease and longevity.
Ubiquinol is available in soft capsules; a powerful tool for administration of the active form of CoQ10.
Patients may choose the:
• 100mg -30 capsules or 90 capsules or,
• 150mg -30 capsules or 60 capsules
More than 95% of the circulating plasma CoQ10 in the body is in the active ubiquinol form, which makes it ready for immediate use within the body. Ubiquinol BioActive Range is thus ideal for patients who have increased energy requirements!
The Ubiquinol key features and benefits are:
- First ubiquinol supplement on the Australian market.
- Higher bioavailability than ubiquinone.
- Highly efficient antioxidant activity.
- Assists maintenance of healthy LDL cholesterol levels in healthy people.
- Supports healthy energy synthesis.
- Higher bioavailability means more convenient and effective for higher dose requirements.
2. Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone, coenzyme Q, and abbreviated at times to CoQ10.This oil-soluble, vitamin-like substance is present in most eukaryotic cells, primarily in the mitochondria. It is a component of the electron transport chain and participates in aerobic cellular respiration, generating energy in the form of ATP. Ninety-five percent of the human body’s energy is generated this way.[a][b]
There are three redox states of coenzyme Q10: fully oxidized (ubiquinone), semiquinone (ubisemiquinone), and fully reduced (ubiquinol). The capacity of this molecule to exist in a completely reduced form enables it to perform its functions as an antioxidant.
a. Ernster, L; Dallner, G (1995). "Biochemical, physiological and medical aspects of ubiquinone function". Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1271 (1): 195–204. PMID 7599208.
b. Dutton, PL; Ohnishi, T; Darrouzet, E; Leonard, MA; Sharp, RE; Cibney, BR; Daldal, F; Moser, CC (2000). "4 Coenzyme Q oxidation reduction reactions in mitochondrial electron transport". In Kagan, VE; Quinn, PJ. Coenzyme Q: Molecular mechanisms in health and disease. Boca Raton: CRC Press. pp. 65–82.
Always read the label on any medication and use only as directed. Vitamin and other supplements should not replace a balanced diet, unless so instructed by your medical practitioner. If symptoms persist, seek further health advice. The information presented above is not intended to replace the advice of your medical practitioner.
Product Pick Up Locations
Our program will support you with consultations, literature, tracking graphs and more.Register Now
to lose those unwanted Kilos in just 23 days!